Breast Cancer Symptoms
The most common sign of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. For this reason, it is important to have any new breast mass, lump or breast change checked by a healthcare professional experienced in diagnosing breast diseases.
Additional signs and symptoms of breast cancer can include:
- A lump or thickening that feels different than the surrounding area
- Changes in the size, shape or look of the breast
- A bloody discharge from the nipple
- Changes in the feel or appearance of the skin or nipple
- An area that is distinctly different from any other area on either breast
- A marble-like hardened area under the skin
- These changes may be found during a breast self-exam
If you noticed any of these changes taking place, even if a recent mammogram was performed, please contact your physician as soon as possible.